Thursday, October 9, 2008

Doing well...

Well, as I stated before, it's not an exact science. My forecast was a little off, partially due to every woman's least favorite monthly visitor. Monday night a major headache started, and it is still lingering. I call it my "headband" headache because it hurts all the way across the top of my head. Tuesday was okay, just was a zombie by 5:30. Wednesday was really good, and today was just fine. And now I'm getting ready to spend the whole weekend with our Cub Scouts, which I'm pretty sure will not help the headache :)

The sweet/sad thing is that Stephen didn't even realize I would be going on this Family Campout until yesterday. I didn't go last year because I was in rough shape, and I guess he assumed I wouldn't go again this year. So when I starting saying "we" and "us" yesterday, he said "Mom, are you going??" Yep. "Yessss!! My whole family is going on the family campout! Me, mom, dad, and Jane. This is gonna be awe-some!" I was torn between feeling like a disappointment and loving how much my presence added to his pleasure.

So, all in all, I am even more at peace about the changes we've made. God is helping us put life back in order, and I'm more optimistic about life than I've been in a while.

Hopefully I'll be blogging about better and brighter things soon!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I'll be looking forward to hearing about the camping weekend. It's fun that Stephen is so excited.