Monday, October 6, 2008

How's the Weather Down There?

As predicted, I'm more stable and energetic than last week. We've learned the patterns that come when I change anything with meds. A couple of really great energetic days, then a couple of lower days, then we get to see what the real products of the changes are.

So, since I'm in the energetic part, it was no surprise that I literally jumped out of bed to clean up Stephen's bedroom this morning or that Jane is now a couple of weeks ahead in her drama class preparations. We even scoured the kitchen cabinets for those box tops for education labels for our tutorial - a project that would normally fall off the bottom of the list.

But it's not an exact science. Yesterday I slept 'til noon, then went to a movie with Jen, then to church. I was very relaxed and even did some teaching prep after the kids went to bed. But somewhere in the middle of searching the internet and watching pieces of Brothers and Sisters, the pain in my chest started to swell. So I went to Chris, who was on the couch relishing the final moments of Sunday football, and said "I think I need to cry." So he made room for me to rest on that part of his chest that is mine and waited. Only two tears came, and then I was ready to sleep. And I slept hard.

So what's next? Here's the five day forecast:
Monday evening - mostly sunny, comfortable temperatures
Tuesday - slightly warmer, some passing clouds
Wednesday - chance of thunderstorms, some rain, hot and humid
Thursday - the wet weather rolls in, keep your umbrella handy
Friday - things should clear up as we start to see the clouds move out , normal temp for this time of year

That's my attempt to be light-hearted about it all. The peace comes in knowing that God is either really good for letting us in on how this usually works or He is really sweet for letting this be easier than we expect or He is really wise for giving us another hard lesson to learn.

As my homies used to say...it's all good.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Praying for you friend! Will be calling soon for prep for the weekend! I REALLY want to spend some time with you this weekend!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to you soon!

robin said...

I love what you said about God's wisdom in the closing. I needed to hear that. Praying for you...

Taras and Kelly said...

This morning I've been copy-editing a children's lesson on the story in Mark 4 where Jesus calms the storm. I thought of you and your "five day forecast"—you said there might be thunderstorms today. So, I thought I'd let you know that I'm praying to the Calmer of storms for you.

I love you, friend!
KM