Monday, July 28, 2008

Thanks so much for all the encouragement and promises of prayer. It's hard to look back at blatant honesty without feeling a little regret or embarrassment, but I know it was the right thing for me.

One of my sweet friends sent me an email saying
: "it must seem a little like going on a trip without knowing what to pack or how long you'll be there." She's absolutely right.

Sunday Chris and I decided to sleep in, then we spent several hours at the Wave Pool. It was very relaxing and I engaged with my family and just had fun with them. The Lord was clearly hearing the prayers of His people. I'm asking Him to remove the frenzy of thoughts I have about this whole mess and replace them with thoughts of calm confidence that He has my family and I in His hands.

The only physical challenge I'm having right now is getting to sleep at night. That's a result of having more energy, which is a huge benefit. Truthfully, I don't even know what to think about having energy. It's been so long since I've been able to focus on my role as a homemaker that I don't know where to begin! I want to re-learn how to balance house keeping with relationships with my family. In the past everything has been one extreme or the other. I keep imagining what it might feel like to...

I don't know how to explain this. I have never felt easy flowing from one part of life to the next. I was always giving all I had to one area, to the extent that I had little or nothing left for the other areas. It's exciting to think about not chopping myself up into so many pieces. I'm not being too idealistic here; I know the life of a wife, mother, homemaker, homeschooler, friend is a complex juggling act.

This is probaby coming across as nonsense, so I better close it out. The short of it is that I'm feeling a twinge of optimism about what the future might hold.

Thanks again for all your prayers. Love to all.

No comments: