Monday, July 14, 2008

making plans...

There's really no direction for writing this, I just know it's time to post again. My sweet friend Shelli just left with her boys. They leave for India again in one week. The kids played games and dressed up for nerf gun battles. Then after lunch they played in the water outside. We filled up a big storage container with water for them to refill their water guns, but they opted to climb in and sit in the water instead. At one point, Stephen and Isaac were just sitting there seeing who could scream the loudest and cracking up. It's so good to see them all playing together.

We planned our last girls' night for tomorrow night, so we'll be hitting Logos bookstore, Panera, Davis Kidd bookstore, and the fancy stores at Green Hills Mall. Hopefully we'll save the tears for another day.

We also started planning for my visit there next year, though Chris and I haven't really come to a final decision about this yet. But it was fun to plan anyway.

The clock on my laptop shows it's 12:30, which I know is not true. But I did lose track of time today while spending time with a dear friend, watching our children play as if they never spent years apart.

I know there is laundry to fold and some swimming to be done, but that's a much shorter list than I've had in quite some time. So maybe I'll just start the next book on my list and enjoy the calm that comes after spending time with a good friend.

2 comments:

Nanette R. said...

I'm so glad that you and Shelli have had some time together, alone and with your kids (and husbands, I suspect). Friendships like that are very sweet and very rare. God keeps you in each other's hearts and minds and lets you make plans to see each other again. Hope you had a nice, relaxing afternoon of reading!

Katie Thompson said...

Of course, I didn't actually get to reading this afternoon. Instead I surfed the net and made a costly trip to Target. But it is a nice evening...maybe I'll head out to the front porch and start on a new Austen book!