Tuesday, February 12, 2008

rainy days and tuesdays always get me down...

Actually, today is one of those rainy days that I would love to cozy up on the couch and just be still for an hour or two. Then maybe read a book, do some writing, and sit on the porch drinking tea. I can even imagine stepping out into the rain and letting it run down my face and hair. It all seems so refreshing. I am so rarely at peace that I want to just take it all in.

BUT...there's a to-do list waiting, a ten o'clock class at the tuturial, and a little boy with a red dog running at me.

Sometimes I wonder when life will slow down and let me do the rest of the things I love.

4 comments:

planet.nebular said...

maybe you could plan a couple of days in the month where you have just a YOU day. No do lists, no kids, no errands. Just a day to read books, write letters, and drink tea.

Nanette R. said...

I was right there with you wishing I could curl up on the couch under a blanket with a good book today. It's good to have those kinds of days, but I think that one day, when you have a day like that, you're going to wish for the little boy and his red dog. Let's help each other cherish each day and whatever it brings. Love, NR

planet.nebular said...

Oh, and I skipped class today for that reason.

KT said...

I am sitting here looking out at the snow thinking how I would love to crawl back in bed instead of watching Teletubbies. But sure, I would love to get dressed and take a snowy picture on the stump. I know it will be worth it.
Love you