Monday, February 4, 2008

All In



Now we are all in the Thompson Four-Wheeler Club. I was initiated on SuperBowl Sunday. My dear brother-in-law Matthew enjoyed throwing mud around while he did 360's in front of me...over and over again. I don't think I've ever had clumps of mud in my hair before! Jane took it slow, but quickly got in a groove. She must have gone around the back yard track fifty times. She had mud freckles all over her face. I think she's counting the days 'til she can ride again. Stephen earned the nickname "Crash" after wiping out on a turn. The bike threw him a few feet, so thankfully it didn't fall on him. So glad I didn't see it happen. I think Stephen felt pretty tough in front of all his uncles and cousins. Uncle Tim swears all the grass will grow back in his yard within two weeks, though I find that hard to believe. And if my father-in-law tells me about one more good deal on a four-wheeler I might scream. He did revive the old idea to buy a few acres of land for us to all live on together. With their sometimes redneck ways, it would be kinda nice...if they let the Tenpennys come, too!

6 comments:

planet.nebular said...

oh my goodness, that was painful for me to read. So unsafe! PLEASE BE CAREFUL! those helmets do not look like four-wheeling helmets... they need this kind:

http://www.mxdirtrider.com/i-products/fox-racing/helmet-motocross-men-2007-v3-race.jpg

Ray said...

Oh my gosh. That is SO West Nashville. I love it! Wish I could have been there!

Katie Thompson said...

Ah yes, West Nashville. You're welcome to visit the old country with us any time Ray-Ray.
Sara, chill! Someday we'll bring you over to the dark side of life where people have goofy fun. Love you.

KT said...

Sounds like fun. Really, you've never had mud in your hair? You've been missing out.

planet.nebular said...

No way will I do four-wheeling. I won't even jump on a trampoline. Firm ground is where I like to stand, thank you.

Katie Thompson said...

Sara, that's it! You're going camping with us this year. You need to get a little dirty and act like a (younger) kid again! You would have done it when you were twelve!!