Thursday, January 31, 2008

Disclaimer #1

This is a reply I made to someone who worried about me after reading my blog this morning. I hope friends and family will take it to heart.

Please don't start to worry about me when I write something dark on my blog. I need this as a creative outlet, and I can't do that while worrying about people flipping out. You are welcome to make comments to me or on the blog, but please don't let them be "are you alright?" comments. I know that must be difficult for you, but I have a writer/philosophical side that can be very melancholy and gray. I enjoy being that way when it is not a hazard to my health. Not many people know that side of me, so I know it's a transition for everyone. But this is really good for me to put myself out there and not be in hiding so much. I'm not getting onto you, just asking you to try accepting this part of me instead of being afraid of it.
Thanks.
Katie

1 comment:

planet.nebular said...

oh you, Romanticist, you.
Have you read Rousseau's Fifth Promenade?

Also, please hang out with me. I just lay in my room all day.