Friday, August 8, 2008

a quick note...

Just a quick update for now. I'm trying not to dwell on the medicine change much, trying to just take it all in stride and do each day's tasks. Still unsure if this will be a permanent change. If I'm a mess it just may not be worth it to stop. On the other hand, the Lord has let me see that either way I need to be less reliant on medicine and more trusting in Him for the control and stability of my emotions. I can't just coast through my life and relationships thinking that a drug will curb all the extreme and impulsive feelings and thoughts, some of which are just part of my sinful nature and not necessarily due to any physical disorder. He requires and delights in my moment by moment dependence on Him to provide the on-the-spot forgiveness, the merciful and gentle spirit, the patience and Christ-like love that He calls me to give away to my family, friends, and the world. This is a lesson worth learning, even with the displeasure of nausea, a few tears, and the roller coaster of insomnia and exhaustion.
So we'll see what the next few weeks hold as our school life resumes and I try to assume more responsibilities in our home. Pray that I will not walk in a spirit of defeat, but one of victory as a redeemed child of God whose past, present, and future are secure. Pray that Chris, Jane, Stephen and I will be open to learning and accepting with open hands all that the Lord has to teach us and give us in the near future.
...you didn't really believe this would be a quick did you?

1 comment:

robin said...

Thanks for being so open and vulnerable about what you're dealing with. I never would have known. I'm praying for you, friend.