Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Math Wars

Here's my life at 11:05 on Wednesday morning. On my left I'm repeating "how many from seven to ten? okay how many from ten to ____? so what's _____ minus seven?" On my right I'm talking through every step of triple digit multiplication for the fourteenth time today, trying not to pull my hair out. No wonder my brain hurts.


Twelve hours later...
I've just finished a highly detailed color-coded visual chart including every step of triple digit multiplication. I'm pretty sure I should send/sell it to our math curriculum company. If this doesn't help tomorrow I may go back to bed and hide under the covers until the next day.

1 comment:

robin said...

I just had a similar experience - only it was writing subcategories on my left and grammar capitalization on my right. I remember thinking, "...can't he(she) see that I'm talking to the other one right now. Please wait!" Fortunately, I calmly phrased that request. Hang in there!