Thursday, March 6, 2008



Well, the much anticipated yet ill-prepared for science fair has passed. We worked for four or five hours on Monday to crank out two of the nicest projects I've seen. The best part is that they truly were the kids' ideas and that they did so much of the work themselves. It was tough to walk around and congratulate their friends who received prizes, but I think the Lord helped the kids to actually feel happy for them. They are also highly motivated to do well next year. Stephen was elated that he received a ribbon for participating, stating that this was his "first time to ever get anything like it!" While I'm relieved that it is over, I still feel bad for waiting until the last minute. But after seeing some of the other projects, I did feel proud to see that my children actually did their own work, not Chris or me. Anyway, here are a couple of photos. Click on them to see their projects up close. (That's Stephen's science teacher with him.)

2 comments:

Nanette R. said...

Those are cool projects! Good job Jane and Stephen (and Mom for being a good supervisor).

KT said...

How fun,
I liked how Jane dotted all of the letters in vocabulary. I'd comment on the content of the projects...but, well, you know.