Monday, March 10, 2008

My List...

I was just re-reading my profile. It says that I'm keeping a blog to help me remember other things I like to do, outside of my daily responsibilities (which I love, of course). So, here goes...
A couple of years ago, with the encouragement of my counselor, I made a list of ideas I love. Things I like to see, want to do, daydream about, whatever. I'm giving you the full list here. Don't laugh too much...
  • Have a big flower garden
  • Visit Africa
  • Run a book shop
  • Write/publish something
  • Have a long, gray braid
  • Take long walks
  • See Walden Pond
  • Find the missing books from my antique collections
  • Learn to take good photographs
  • Learn to sew, maybe make my own clothes
  • Live near a creek
  • Have a porch swing
  • Climb a tree
  • Sing with my family, outside, at night
  • Fall in love again, over and over, with Chris
  • Have another wedding, with Chris
  • Meet friends for lunch regularly
  • Keep a list of books I've read

5 comments:

Ray said...

Are you crazy child!? That's not a daydream list, that's a "To Do List."

All of that is VERY possible. Start making your plans.

planet.nebular said...

we are so very much alike - it's incredible. I guess I never realized that we were that connected in our interests. Nearly everything on your list, with the obvious exceptions of those including Chris, is something on my list. I hope that you accomplish all of these things because they are all very plausible. Oh, and when I go to Africa, I'll take you with me.

KT said...

hold on, I am only at long gray braid and I am cracking up because I glanced at it and thought it said long gray beard.

Nanette R. said...

Looks like a Bucket List to me. :-)

Duffy said...

I remember this list and I agree it is a list of things that can be done. I need to sit down and make one of these too.