Monday, August 24, 2009

continuing education?

I'm thinking of taking some classes online next year. Do you know I only have four semesters of college? I didn't know what I was doing the first time around. I mean, for goodness' sake I was only seventeen when I started school. Who knows how much of those semesters is worth anything now.

Anyway, I've been thinking of how old I would want the kids to be before I start back, but someone reminded me today that online classes are available. Wouldn't that be funny if the kids and I were all doing our schoolwork at the same time?

I wonder what I would study? English, literature, psychology, biblical studies, history...I really don't know. Some of you know me pretty well...what's your opinion?

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Go for it!! Online classes are how Rich earns our living! He teaches online classes for Liberty University, Grand Canyon University, and a college in Richmond VA. (can't think of the name right now) He just recently got hired by University of North Carolina to teach as an adjunctive instructor. So thankful for that . . . he needs the "in the classroom" experience on his resume.

Anyway. . . I think you should definitely look into it!!

Nanette R. said...

I don't have any solid suggestion on what you should study, but I do think it's a cool idea for you to pursue an education online now. It could be very motivating for all three of you to be studying at the same time! You go girl! :-)

robin said...

That's a great idea! Talk to Karen Lea @ Trevecca. She knows alot about continuing education courses that you can take online. And, they have some kind of "special" going right now.