Saturday, June 28, 2008

Second Summer

So the things I listed on my summer to-do list a few weeks ago are all crossed off, except for summer reading. I've only gotten halfway through the second one (though I added a book in the middle of that). But the summer has been so busy already that I am now preparing for what I'm going to call Second Summer. In sixteen days the rush of first summer will be over, and my Second Summer will begin. So here's the revised list:
  • Wake up in the morning and read.
  • Have scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast with the kids.
  • Go swimming on the spur of the moment.
  • Visit the library just for fun, without looking for school books.
  • Play outside until dark.
  • Go fishing with may dad.
  • Visit a used bookstore without needing to hurry.
  • Meet friends for lunch without planning ahead.
  • Walk around the neighborhood at dusk with my family.
  • Sit on the front porch reading while Chris plays guitar and the kids lie around just listening.

No comments: