Wednesday, November 25, 2009

waiting

the road goes ever on and on
and on
i don't even know where i'm going
i have no run, no walk, no crawl
only breath
and it hurts to breathe
my chest contracts
and there is pain
it never seems to stop
i am always waiting
for it to stop
waiting and waiting
there are no days, no hours, no minutes,
only moments upon moments
i am forgetting what it is like
to live without the pain
i feel ridiculous
living with an invisible illness
speaking of aches when my organs work inside of me
but there is no cure for this disease
it is a cancer of the soul
and too many times it is eating me alive
burning the flesh of my heart
why oh why won't it stop
i treat it, i medicate it, i talk about it
i pretend it is not there
but it is not tolerable
it is not enough to know that the worst will pass
eventually
it is not enough because i know it will return
and i am afraid
to believe
to breathe
to live
to hope
to dream
to love
to do more than be

but i believe...in God
and i breathe...one breath at a time
and i live...for my family
and i hope...for heaven
and i dream...about a good day
and i love...the One who loves me
and i do...
wait



Psalm 130:12 Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You.

5 comments:

Nanette R. said...

Thanks for sharing that with us, Katie. I am glad that God gives you the strength to wait on Him and the knowledge to know that He is with you and the faith to keep believing! I love you and am so thankful for the part you play in my life!

Duffy said...

I am thankful that you are sharing and writing. I am grieving with you for your pain. I am also praising God that He continues to seek us out and for the hope that He will always be there waiting with us and for us.

Love you no matter what!

Anonymous said...

I love you Bug! Wish I could be with you right now. We believe together, and we hope together and we dream together and we love together, we just live far apart, but my heart is near you.

Katie Thompson said...

thanks, friends

Unknown said...

nice